This easy to make vegan and gluten free hummus dip uses blistered shisito peppers to give it a mildly spicy flavor. The light green color of the hummus is from cilantro. Serve this hummus with pita chips and veggies for a quick appetizer or snack.
Last week, I found these mildly spicy shisito peppers at my local farmers market.
Well I should say more or less mild with a few spicy ones thrown in! These are insanely addictive just by themselves. You can drizzle them with some olive oil and sea salt and blister them in hot cast iron pan for a quick appetizer.
If I were you, I’d save a few of these for the hummus recipe. Trust me on this one, your efforts will be totally rewarded and your taste buds will thank you for it!
This quick and super easy to make green hummus is made by blending all ingredients together to a creamy consistency
Make this hummus today!
For the blistered shisito pepper:
Drizzle some olive oil on a handful of shisito peppers and throw them in a hot cast iron pan till blistered or charred in a few places. Cut the tops off and save for the hummus.
For the hummus :
Throw all ingredients in a food processor with S blade attachment and blend to a creamy consistency.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves
- 5 blistered shisito peppers
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Throw all ingredients in a food processor with S blade attachment and blend to a creamy consistency. Adjust salt and spices to taste.
- Place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil on the top and serve with pita chips and veggies.