This delightfully refreshing cold, no cook summer soup is my modern take on the traditional Spanish gazpacho. Avacado and corn give this soup a creamy and thick consistency. The addition of painted serpent cucumbers, celery and green bell pepper give it a lovely green color. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Painted serpent cucumbers or Armenian cucumbers are crisp, refreshing and fragrant. They can be identified by their beautiful green stripes and do not need any peeling to be enjoyed. Since they do not ship well you will not find these at your local grocery store, but with some luck you will find them at the farmers market!
Make this super easy soup today!
Roast the corn on your stove top gas burner and rotate every few min till the kernels pop and corn browns evenly all over. Shuck the corn when cooled.
Leave aside a few tbsp roasted corn kernels and diced cucumbers for garnish. Combine the rest of the ingredients in the blender to a creamy soup consistency
- 1 corn, roasted and shucked
- 2 painted serpent cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 cup of water
- ½ green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 avacado flesh, cut into chunks
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tbsp roasted corn kernel
- ⅓ cup of diced cucumbers
- 1 tsp olive oil, drizzle
- Roast the corn on your stove top, gas burner and rotate every few min till the kernels pop and corn browns evenly all over. Shuck the corn when cooled.
- Prep all vegetables and juice the lime. Leave aside a few tbsp roasted corn kernels, diced cucumbers and olive oil for garnish. Combine the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blend to a creamy consistency. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with roasted corn and diced cucumbers. Serve at room temperature or chilled.